SUMMER OPPORTUNITY - Singapore Math "Boot Camp"
The Academically and Intellectually Gifted Program (AIG) of Union County Public Schools is pleased to offer a summer opportunity to our newly qualified math students entering the fifth grade for the 2014-2015 school year. There is no cost to attend sessions, however families are responsible for transportation. We will offer a one week (four day) Singapore Math “boot camp” for rising fifth grade students qualifying for gifted services in math in the spring and summer of this year. Our objectives for the sessions include:
1) Provide an introduction to the Singapore Math curriculum used in the UCPS gifted program
2) Introduce model drawing as a strategy in problem solving and developing meaning of mathematical
3) Build prior knowledge of model drawing as it relates to concepts previously mastered
4) Provide time for newly qualified gifted students to explore a new math curriculum, in advance, to
promote student success
5) Provide time to collaborate with experienced AIG staff and other students new to the gifted program
Please choose 1 session for your child to attend.
July 28-July 31, Monday-Thursday, 9:00-12:00 PM
Walter Bickett Education Center, 501 Lancaster Avenue, Monroe, NC
August 4- August 7, Monday-Thursday, 9:00-12:00
Marvin Elementary School, 9700 Marvin School Road, Marvin, NC
Please complete registration here goo.gl/rjsO16 no later than July 10th to reserve a limited space for your child. Each session will be capped and reservations will be handled on a first come basis. You may contact Lisa Gibson at 704-296-6308 if you have further questions.
Postcards and Poetry from Ancient Greece
Recently, AIG students in Mrs. Jacob's 4th grade class at New Town Elementary School performed a play titled Postcards and Poetry from Ancient Greece.Full Story